Banana-Avocado 'Ice Cream'
This Banana-Avocado 'Ice Cream' blends banana, avocado and cinnamon with greens like kale or spinach and our Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma for an ice cream/smoothie bowl that is packed with nutrients and complete, plant protein. Enjoy!
- 1 serving Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma
- 1 medium banana, peeled and frozen
- ¼ ripe avocado, peel removed
- ½ cup fresh spinach or kale
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground wheatgrass powder (optional)
- 5 ice cubes
- ½ - 1 cup filtered water (depending on desired consistency)
- Place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender – start with ½ cup water, then while blending, gradually adding more until the ‘ice cream’ has a soft-serve creamy, creamy like consistency.
- Add your favorite toppings.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Alexandra Dawson is a Washington, DC based wellness warrior, nutritionist, and avid plant eater. With a background in neuropsychology, nutrition, and dietetics, Alexandra writes a lifestyle and recipe website InMyBowl.com advocating plant based nutrition, healthful and positive living, and #GoddessVibes. You can also find her on her beautifully impassioned Instagram @TallulahAlexandra.