Almond Butter Cookies
These Almond Butter Cookies are very flavorful vegan dessert snacks that combine cinnamon, vanilla and maca with chia seeds and our Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma for delicious cookies packed with complete organic protein. Enjoy!
- 1 cup organic almond flour
- 3/4 cup organic almond butter
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons organic maca powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons organic chia seeds
- 1/4 cup filtered, purified water
- 1 scoop Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line two cookies sheets with parchment paper.
- Make chia “eggs” by combining chia seeds and water in a glass. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes while the seeds plumpen. Then grind the seeds in a blender small blender or food processor. You will get a gel-like mixture.
- In a large bowl, combines the “eggs” with the remaining ingredients. Stir until a dough is formed. If the mixture is too wet, add more almond flour. If it is too dry, add more chia “eggs.”
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving two inches of space between each spoonful. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are golden and set.
- Gently press each cookie with a fork and allow to cool before serving.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Based in New York City, the founders of Bliss Out Wellness, Fern Olivia Langham and Sarah Anne Stewart are taking the growing health and wellness movement to another level. Coming together as teachers in the respective niches of yoga, meditation, nutrition and holistic health – together they are on a mission to inspire, teach, and support others desiring life-changing experiences and breakthroughs. Fern and Sarah have quickly become powerhouses in the wellness community, providing innovative, soul-awakening, yet fun one-on-one coaching programs, career coaching mentorships, events, workshops, retreat and wellness travel experiences.